Monday, February 22, 2010

Da Nile

Is not just a river in Egypt...

I am sort of in denial that "Life As We Know It" is about to come to an end. It's not that I'm sad about it, per se, just kinda... in denial. Tonight was a typical Monday night in the Collins household. I worked late (typically one of us works late, while the other spends the time from 4:30 to 6:30 being bored alone at home, and also hungry, and wondering where the other is :), it never works out that we are both home early, or both home late... oh well...), and Nick had dinner ready when I got home. We ate, chit-chatted about our day, and then went about our "lazy Monday night". Nick hopped on his X-Box to waste some time playing Dragon games (oops, just let out his HUGE nerd secret) and I dinked around the house and the internet. Now it's 9:00 p.m., we're chilling in our upstairs TV room, with the dog fast asleep, curled up behind Nick's knees on the couch. He's so darling, that dog.

What on earth will a typical Monday night look like in 3, 4 weeks? Okay, I guess I am kind of sad about the end of this "era". Even though I'm thrilled at our upcoming arrival, I am also sad to close this chapter... the chapter of me, Nick, and our dog. Is this totally insane?? Or am I just going through the normal process of "what the hell, I'm about to become a parent!"

Hopefully I get some breathing room tomorrow at work, and I will post about my awesome baby showers. Honestly, people love us so much, it's overwhelming. We have the best family and friends. I just wish we got to see everyone more often... and my awesome boss Tammy organized a simply lovely shower at work, and I was reminded how sweet my co-workers are. Ugh - overwhelmed!!

Work has been VERY hectic trying to wrap things up. I am only going to be gone for 12 weeks, but it feels like 1 year. And I am certain I will be logging into my work computer while off... (although the frequency of which I do so will probably be different from my guesstimate of the frequency, as of now... if that makes sense?) (i.e. once a day, vs. multiple times a day? is once a week more like it?!)

Our baby still doesn't have a name... another kind of hectic thing going on. Is it crazy to say I'm still surfing "baby names" websites looking for ideas?!

I guess you could say I'm a tad bit... LAST MINUTE when it comes to this stuff. :)

TTFN, lovelies....

Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    You're right, we have a DSLR. It's a sony one...I have no idea what the model is...:p I love it. But I have to admit, the new Canon commercials (the one with the baby) has me wanting one of those ;)

    Any luck with the baby names? hehe...I'm guessing so?

    ReplyDelete