Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I have been a SLACKER on my baby blog. :(


At almost 6 months prego now, I regret not writing more about my experience. I have come to realize that in my life thus far (deeeep), the two biggest things that have happened to me is 1.) getting engaged/married and 2.) having a baby. Getting engaged and being a fiance was the best feeling in the world... I LOVED being a bride and getting married. How happy is a bride?!


Now that we're becoming parents, well it's a whole different ball-game. We're excited, in a whole new way. Now I can feel her kick. Last night, Nick laid his head on my stomach and could feel her kick - a real good kick! - at least 3 or 4 times. Honestly, we've fallen more in love with each other through the process. How great is that? And I think it's only the beginning!


We had a few couples over last weekend, including Jeff and Sandi's Miles & Mayse (3.5 yr old and 8 wks old). They're our only friends who have kids, really. And we honestly don't spend a whole lot of time around kids, so when we do, it's all "oh cute!" This time, though, with 2 kids around, it's was run-run-run with the wild man Miles, and "watch the dog!" with tiny baby Mayse. I thought Nick would be terrified about our very first "real live baby in our house" situation, but after everyone left, he hugged me and said "I can't wait for us to be parents."

Seriously, guys, pinch me... is this really happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment