Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Did It!

So guys... BIG DAY for me. Honestly, huge day for me.

I got a shot, and not only did I not faint, not throw up, I didn't even really flinch or have an episode or anything! I truly consider this a miracle of miracles, I haven't had a shot in about 12 years. I have never had a flu shot, not because I'm anti flu shot, but because of my needle phobia.

And I was going back and forth over the H1N1... did I want to be a guinea pig? Was it really safe? Yadda yadda. I talked with people (or spouses of the people... to get their spouse's opinion) I know who work in the health care field (RN (x2), NP, PA) and 3 out of 4 of them were going to get it. And I tried to read info from the web on the subject. Do you know if you read something on the web, it is true? :P

So the only articles and sites I read that indicated any skepticism were from people like me. Non-doctors. Which, I know doctors aren't Gods. Far from it. But I never read a truly convincing piece from a medical professional that said "DON'T GET IT". So I got it. And I survived it. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment